Confusing words in English [ Same meaning but different usages ]

Share:
It's a main part of speaking and writing to use the correct words. Sometimes we get confused in using a correct word because their meanings are similar but usages are different, they can't be used in every sentence. It's necessary to practice continuously to remember them and try to understand the difference between them. Before using a word we must remember the meaning of the word. Here I am going to share some of words randomly those confuse fresh English Learners.

* Amount - Uncountable quantity
Ex - He has a large amount of sugar in the store.

Number - Countable quantity
Ex - There are number of boxes in his shop.

* Anxious - Worried to know/get
Ex - His father was anxious about his son's result.

Eager - Excited to know/get
Ex - I'm very eager to see my result.

* Among - in the middle of more than two people or things
Ex - This money will be divided among five workers.

Between - in the middle of two people or things
Ex - I sits between Ram & Shyam.

* Artisan - Handicraftsman
Ex - That Confectioner is a good artisan.

Artist - Perfect in any art
Ex - Salman Khan is the best artist.

* Better - Good/healthier than earlier
Ex - You can do better this time.

Well - Perfectly good/cure
Ex - I am feeling well today.

* Can - Able by body
Ex - I can break that wall.

May - Able to permit or order
Ex - You may go now.

* Each other - Two people together
Ex- We love each other heatedly.

One another - More than two people together
Ex - We all have know one another since last year.

* Former - First of two
Ex - The former half of the Indian history was interesting.

Latter - Second of two
Ex - The latter half was I couldn't understand.

* If it was - If this was like this
Ex - If it (watch) was on the table, it should be there now.

If it were - If it would happen like this
Ex - If I were a rich business, I would shine my country.

* Learn - Having knowledge
Ex - I learn french everyday in the evening in my Tuition.

Teach - Giving knowledge
She teach Maths in The AK Tuition.

* Rob - Getting anything by force
Ex - Some people rob the wayfarers on this road at night.

Steal - Getting someone's thing without permission
Ex - Sudhir steals his father's money.


I'm collecting more.... Please keep patience.....

No comments

Thank You for your comments